Who are we?
Established in 2002, Kulture Break is a charity youth services provider with a community arts focus. We are committed to the wellbeing, transformation and empowerment of young people. We do this by engaging young people in a safe, active and productive environment using the arts as a form of expression that empowers and transforms individuals.
With depression, anxiety, suicide, drug and alcohol abuse, social isolation and childhood obesity common in today’s society, our emphasis is on using early intervention measures that validate and affirm young people’s abilities and capacities.
Our goal is for young people to believe in themselves and live life with purpose.
Kulture Break conducts dance classes, mentoring and social skilling programs, tailored workshops, seminars and conferences, motivational talks and performances for schools, government agencies and community organisations across Australia and internationally.
Since its inception, Kulture Break has engaged with over 400,000 young people in schools, jails and communities all over the world.
What do we want to achieve?
OUR MISSION IS TO INFLUENCE A CULTURE AND EMPOWER A GENERATION
What do we value and believe in?
OUR VISION | To break the negative cultural barriers and stigmas that prevent young people from being their best.
Through a platform of the creative arts, we offer a positive message of wellbeing, empowerment and transformation for youth.
Consistent positive engagements will enable young people to experience a sense of achievement and belonging and build confidence and connectedness that will produce stability and increased freedom to support making better choices in their lives.
What do we do to achieve that?
At Kulture Break we believe:
- Believe that you don’t need to become somebody, you are somebody!
- Believe every person is special, unique and has something to offer
- Believe in promoting lifestyles of healthy living and thinking, including consistent and fun exercise
- Believe in providing inclusion, connection, friendship and transformation to our community
- Believe in and promote positive values and successful pathways for young people
At Kulture Break we:
- Promote healthy living and thinking, including consistent and fun exercise
- Providing inclusion, connection, friendship and transformation to our community
- Promote positive values and successful pathways for young people
- Deliver an experience that’s more than entertainment, with a strong emphasis on wellbeing, inspiration and personal development
Our primary objectives:
- Is that people believe in themselves and live life with purpose.
- Provide young people with opportunities to discover and express their creative abilities
- Empower participants to go back into the community to pass on the skills/attitudes
- Build social connectivity by establishing networks for and with graduates, building internal and external social capital, creating a sense of belonging and growing a strong community
- Raise awareness of our mission
- Partnering and working with corporate and local business to support us in achieving our objectives
- Raise funds to enable us to achieve our objectives
Our secondary objectives:
- Deliver targeted dance and music programs and professionally produced events
- Establish programs that provide instruction, mentoring and accreditation, leading to increased employment opportunities
- Encourage Kulture Breakers to be the difference in their community